Monday, August 29, 2016

Miley Cyrus in The Voice - my opinion

Hello.
So I noticed Miley Cyrus is now a coach in The Voice, and couldn't help to blog about my opinion.

The voice started showcasing very talented coaches, who will deny that Christina Aguilera is a freak of nature, her pipes are impressive and her vocal style is very unique. Of course Adam, Cee-lo and Blake have their chops too. But then they started mixing things up, first to go was Cee-lo, Pharrel Williams, even though I don't think has the best Delray Beach Vocal Technique, can say he's a great producer. Shakira has Grammys coming out of her pockets to support her case and Gwen Stefany... well, that's when things started going south.
Alicia Keys is a great, awesome singer, her addition will be invaluable to the team of coaches, but Miley Cyrus? Miley Cyrus who sings from her throat, Miley Cyrus who became famous because of her last name, Miley Cyrus the best friend of autotune and over the top effects?
I don't think she has the voice, the chops, the experience or the respect to be a boca raton vocal coach, I really wonder who's idea was to put wrecking ball as a coach of the voice.
I imagine many people will disagree with me, and also I'm sure many others will be on my side. I guess we will all see what Miley brings to the show. For now, just keep watching.
Jordy Marin is a Delray Beach Vocal Coach, Boca Raton Singing Lessons and West Palm Beach Vocal Technique Teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment